Monday, October 7, 2013

Day Two

It's only day two, but I'm already sensing a positive change.

For one thing, people are much more encouraging than I anticipated (keep it comin', guys!). It isn't that I thought people would be rude about this change, but I certainly didn't expect such positive feedback. I guess part of me doesn't want to make a big deal about the vegan adventure (in the sense that I don't want people to go out of their way to cater to my dietary decisions/needs), but then again, I suppose posting blogs about the experience IS making somewhat of a big deal about it. I will say, though, it was nice this morning at work when a coworker assured me that his homemade bread was vegan-friendly...and then proceeded to tell me that the apples on the counter were so large because they were injected with butter (so I should stay away from them). Thanks for the laugh :)

For another thing, I had an easier time falling asleep last night (maybe due to eating less sugar and processed "junk", maybe due to how busy the weekend was, but I'd like to think it has at least a little to do with the positive dietary change).

Something else that is interesting to note is the fact that I captured and freed a few bees at work today. I approached them calmly and confidently, put them in a cup, and let them go outside. I am becoming much more aware of the fact that we share this earth with a variety of creatures (earthlings), and I don't have the "right" to kill a bee just bee-cause it doesn't belong inside. We'll see how I react when I'm faced with a spider, but I'm trying to be more loving and less panicky.

The stew I made yesterday became today's lunch, and boy, was it good. It's so hearty and comforting. Even non-vegans could enjoy it (wink, wink)!

I'll end today's post with a few photos.

Did you know brussels sprouts grow like this?!
And look at the size of that carrot!

The circumference of the carrot was nearly
equivalent to my nalgene (to give you some
perspective).

This whole thing went into the veggie stew.



No comments:

Post a Comment