Sunday, October 13, 2013

It's Been A While...

Hi friends,

It has been a few days since I've updated. Do not fear! This vegan-power-couple is still going strong!

The days since my last post have flown by, as we have been busy with work, school, cooking great meals, and we even had a date night (woohoo!!!)!

Something Xavier and I have been talking about lately is how much easier this "diet" is than we anticipated. It takes more planning than we had been doing in the past because we can't rely on some of the same things we used to (like ordering pizza and chicken wings after a long day when we're "too tired" to cook something better). However, we are both really enjoying the planning and meal preparation.

Additionally, I think I've only felt hungry a few times. I've noticed that my stomach doesn't growl to alert me that I'm hungry. I eat smaller meals, but they give me energy for much longer periods of time. Sometimes I have to ask myself (or Xavier) when I ate last and remind myself to eat something, even if it's just a handful of almonds.

We're both also becoming more aware of the difference between wants and needs. What a simple concept. This concept is hard to grasp when television ads confuse the two terms. Thankfully, we're without cable, which severely limits our exposure to advertisements.

My cravings for junk food (like french fries, ice cream, wings) have basically disappeared. I'm recognizing that my body feels so much better with healthy food as fuel, so I don't desire the junk food I used to. Now, I WILL say that last night I thought I wanted a snack, but I ignored the thought for a few minutes, made a cup of tea, and my night was set. Nighttime is/was when I felt most "snacky."

I don't have much more to add today. Instead, I'll add a few photos that document the last few days.



Vegan pizza fresh out of the oven!
He's the coolest.
I made a card for my best friend.

Scrambled "Eggs" (Tofu) with Vegan Sausage
Breakfast Potatoes
Date night at the Washington Pavillion

 Take care, friends! Be kind to yourselves and your environment :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment